KDE framework 5 - a humble idea

Michele Andrea Kipiel michele.kipiel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:59:18 UTC 2013

Hello

thanks for the quick reply :)

the interaction you describe as "truly communicating plasmoids" is pretty
much what i imagined when i referred to yahoo pipes. i imagined  some
scenarios for that interactio too: think of a "picture frame" plasmoid
which displays a new picture every time a twitter profile (national
geographic, for example) posts a picture. that would require a background
connection between the two. Another scenario i imagined is a stock based
one: imagine you have a "stock ticker" plasmoid on your desk, wich is
connected to a "spreadsheet" plasmoid which registers all the variation of
a certain stock and then saves them in a file.

The core idea of my proposal is to enable a new interaction layer wich is
accessible straight from the desktop, without the need to even launch a
single application after boot&login. The desktop itself would become an
active environmnt, instead of an empty space.

Would such a desktop fit your workflow?