documentation of plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 18 07:17:43 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 03:25:31 Heena Mahour wrote:
> hi all ,
> I have edited the development/tutorial/plasma techbase link in order to
> provide documentation to get started with plasma2 plasmoids .Suggestions
> would be welcomed . :)
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma#QML_2.0

great to see this started ...

the tutorial currently assumes that one uses cmake to install the package.
that’s really only true for packages we create in our base modules.
plasma_install_package is not generally guaranteed to be available, either.

for the majority of people writing plasmoids as add-ons, however, they will
want to use plasmapkg. it would be great if the tutorial was updated with an
installation section noting the two methods and recommending plasmapkg use to
people writing add-ons and the cmake method for those working on core plasma
components in git.kde.org