Activities API

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 21:07:08 UTC 2013

On Friday 06 September 2013, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the current activities api, we were tried to make a synchronous api to
> something that is async - dbus.

is for KActivities::Info ?
I have to actually think more about it, but just at a glace i would leave the
info api as it is now but not creatable, but to be asked with a kjob.

the thing i am less happy actually is the dbus api, i don't think every
property of every api should be a separate method. on dbus it big chunks of
data infrequently is better than small chunks often (is usually better using
properties rather than methods and grab them always all at once, but we can't
do that here).
so that kjob+object api would actually go good with the dbus part to be a
single method to get a structure of the whole info for the activity.
after getting the activity object with kjob, it would just signal property
changes as usual

Cheers,
Marco Martin