Default behavior of SaL

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Thu Sep 5 07:50:19 UTC 2013

Hi list,

We're now customizing kubuntu and making a distros for school use, and we'd
like to make some settings as KDE global default, which means that when a
new user was created those settings could be applied.

In kubuntu, /etc/kde4rc defined a "prefixes" item pointing to
/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profiles/default/,  so most
default settings can be defined there.  However there are still some
settings that won't work.

For example, I changed the
share/apps/plasma-desktop/init/00-defaultLayout.js and defined two
activities in it.  One used folderview and we put some plasmoids in it, and
another used sal.  For folderview it worked.  All my defined widgets were
there.  However for sal, I defined "EnabledEntries" and hope that those
menu items can be on the SaL desktop by default, but it wouldn't work.

I traced into the kdelibs source code but now my ability wasn't able to get
enough clues.

Could anyone please help me or give me some hints?  Any help will be very
appreciated.

Thanks,
Franklin