4.11 is out .. kde-workspace to qt5?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 5 16:11:05 UTC 2013

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 18:06:49 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data giovedì 5 settembre 2013 17:32:01, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > Pre-switch tasks:
> [snip]
>
> I would also suggest to give a heads up once pre-switch tasks are complete,
> like "on this day, we switch". This may be useful for those who provide KF5
> packages for development (like Kubuntu, Arch and openSUSE do) to give time
> to adjust their packaging scripts.

ah, yes, forgot to provide a timeline suggestion:

i’m away until next week myself, and we probably need a week or so of prep and
organization ourselves. which means a switch is probably 2 weeks away even if
we do not run into any blockers (e.g. with kdesrc-build).

i’d like to propose that we aim for September 24th for the switch. other
proposals welcome.