naming the next major release

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 2 13:01:55 UTC 2013

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 13:35:27 Marco Martin wrote:
> The one thing that i would really love to get away with tough is replacng
> the conception of "for" KDE (and therefore unusable everywhere else as
> "KDE" was a different operating system altogether) with "by" KDE

This is something some of us have been trying to make happen, and is really
something that ought to be clear with the current branding approach. That was
the reason we went through an exercise which resulted in the “Powered by”
logo.

I ran out of steam at the end of the branding exercise and there are probably
many areas where this flawed “for KDE” phrasing persists. It does indeed need
to transition to “by”.