Bookmarked activities (OT: Activities on Plasma2)

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Oct 30 16:25:34 UTC 2013

> I wanted to try to do a version of activitybar that only listed activities
> that are bookmarked in some way, to make it a bit more useful (right now if
> you have more than 3-4 activities, activitybar becomes quite useless)
> not sure if it will be a good paradigm or not.. wanted to discuss before
> starting to implement like crazy :p

I am thinkging to have something similar in the regular switcher as well.

I would like to have it based (kinda was discussed a few years ago on some
tokamak) on whether the activity was running or not, not by adding another
property. Show only the running ones by default, and... blah blah blah.

Other than that, I don't see much of a purpose of activity starting/stopping.
(i don't use session stuff, memory usage was a side-effect of the plasma's
design to load all the activities in memory... imo, it would be better to load
on switch - will make it a bit slower, but will improve the startup time).

Ch

p.s. I'd kill the activity bar, but that's only my 'die die die' philosophy :)

--
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do.