minutes Monday Plasma hangout

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 15:00:52 UTC 2013

On Monday 28 October 2013 14:21:56 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> During today's hangout, the following topics passed by:

I'll add there the part i wanted to touch:

Apart from Bodega stuff, I worked a bit in
* making activities work in plasma-shell (neither qml models or dataengine
yet, strictly the part in the shell that reacts to activity change by changing
the active containment)

* that brings up the topic of a new activity manager

* I also worked a bit in the shell package, on the loading of the components
either activity manager and/or widget explorer.

I wanted to try on a way we taked about at the sprint in nuremberg: those non
modal ui pieces would go in a vertical sidebar in the screen, sliding in from
the left. the window itself is done in QML, because it must be able to be
completely different in other formfactors (in active, looks different, in a
phone optimized layout it would probably not even be a window)

the widget explorer is basically the plasma1 one in vertical mode, the
activity switcher is still to be done/decided, the only thing i would keep it
in that box, regardless of its look (even krunner may have sense to look like
that, at least so was the idea at the time of last tokamak)

Cheers,
Marco Martin