a much needed plasma2 coordination meeting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 15:47:10 UTC 2013

On Saturday 26 October 2013 17:01:58 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi ...
>
> i’ve mentioned this a few times on irc now, but since nobody seems to step
> up to do this, and despite not really having much time in my schedule right
> now, i’ll step up:
>
> we need to have a coordination meeting for plasma2’s kde-workspace
efforts.

> “port all the codes” will not give us good results. it will give us results,
> just not predictable ones.

A reason for it may also be that compared to the last tokamak , some people
that were there (like you and me) can only put a limited effort in plasma in
this particular moment, while many people that are now doing a lot of work
weren't there, and seems that some things decided there gone a bit lost, and
that's definitely a communication issue (yep, taking responsibility for it :/)

one of those things is the look and feel package, of which for example i may
not have time to tackle right now at least alone, but can probably be broken
down in some sub pieces that can be attacked by several people.

so yes, a meeting will be useful to get everybody in sync.
a full scrum of whole kde-workspace is maybe overkill, but a generic
* who is responsible of what submodule
* what has to be done for each
* estimated time

that, i think we can make it without problems ;)

Cheers,
Marco Martin