Revamping KSplash KCM

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Oct 26 14:58:07 UTC 2013

On Saturday, October 26, 2013 14:42:34 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Also please let's not discuss "why not get rid of ksplash altogether/put it
> into kwin" in here, we'll need the kcm even if it gets moved elsewhere, so
> let's stay focused on the kcm.

no, we won’t need the kcm if we get rid of ksplash. in fact, we won’t need it
even if we *do* keep ksplash.

the splash screen will be part of the Look and Feel package. as such, this
would belong in the new “pick your look ‘n feel” configuration dialog.

repeating what i wrote in irc the other day:

it seems increasingly evident that what is happening is a non-coordinated
“port all the codes!” effort and that will result in a lot of wasted effort, not
to mention an end result that does not resemble something better, which is the
goal (i hope you’ll all agree)