Keep the Things You Forgot

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Oct 23 20:03:13 UTC 2013

On 23 October 2013 21:49, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A blog post that i'd very much like from you (Aaron) is about the next
> big KDE version, the naming and how the complete collection is going
> to be called or if there even will be a collection release (what KDE
> SC is now). Press is still getting that wrong, i tend to get it wrong
> and other people talking about KDE seem to get it wrong. Usually it's
> just being referred to as "KDE 5" which is wrong. (Frameworks 5,
> Plasma 2, ...). So if you have the time, a blog about that would be
> wonderful and very educational ^_^

Hmmmm, actually I had an email I was writing about that, must finish
it off...  Basically just a discussion starter on the community list
to discuss the future of Modules and Apps and the SC and how we need
to do a big clean-up and re-brand for Gen5.  I think most people here
have a loose idea of where we are heading, but it would probably be a
good idea to make it more explicit at some stage.

Kick me at the PIM Sprint if I haven't sent it by then :-)

John.