PW2 - can't get it to work

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 16:11:53 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

so I've been trying to start up plasma-shell for the second day now and I
still can't get it to work. All I see when I run "plasma-shell -w" is [1]
(imagine ~70% transparency there). The output is not particulary helpful
(see below), except for the last line, but I've no idea if that's the cause
or not. Martin G. says stencil buffers are a ok here, so it "looks like a
bug in Qt".

I'm at a loss here and I would like some help to nail down this issue,
possibly fixing anything along the way to make life easier for other people
that get stucked where I did.

I have kf5, plasma-fw, kde-workspace, kde-runtime in their latest versions
built and installed, I'm using the env variables as stated on our
frameworks building wiki, I did run kbuildsycoca5, I am running kdeinit5
and I'm unsure what else to do/check.

Marco asked if plasma_appletscript_declarative.so is being loaded in
strace, that library never shows up in strace, no idea why.

Note that I have two screens, so two plasma windows show up.

Please share your thoughts and ideas, thanks!

[1] - http://wstaw.org/m/2013/10/21/plasma-desktopsl1739.png

Konsole output:

$ plasma-shell -w
Could not find drkonqi at
/home/mck182/kf5/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kde5/libexec/drkonqi
instantiated plugin object
plugin loaded, registering types  org.kde.plasma.platformcomponents
setting the application to "xterm"
setting the application to "xterm"
starting?
starting.
false
do we have an error  0
running? false
View QML loaded
View QML loaded
TODO: Implement loading containments into the views
TODO: Implement loading containments into the views
Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/mck182/.cache5/ksycoca5"
Was screen -1 Is screen 0 Containment Plasma::Containment(0x2b7c940)
"Unknown"
Containment graphic object not valid
Was screen -1 Is screen 1 Containment Plasma::Containment(0x2b9fdf0)
"Unknown"
Containment graphic object not valid
unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
QSGContext::initialize: stencil buffer support missing, expect rendering
errors

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer