Removing kcontrol/screensaver

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Oct 18 20:30:46 UTC 2013

On Friday 18 October 2013 17:37:10 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, October 18, 2013 13:03:19 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> > I just had a look at it whether there is anything which could be reused
> > once we have a new locker without XScreenSaver support.
>
> we already have a locker which can have the XScreenSaver support dropped in
> about 10 minutes of removing code. so that isn’t a “when” but should be a
> "now"
As it looks like monday will be a git rm day for me, I can include that (and
will happily do so).

> > After all there are the
> > grace timeout settings. But after looking at it, I think it's a better
> > idea
> > to just delete the module.
>
> errrrr... and what will you replace the grace timeout settings with?
>
> or ... does nobody know what they are for?
>
> and yes, you will bring fire down on your head by removing those settings.
looks like bad wording on my side. What I meant is "it's easier to just
implement a new module with those settings than trying to strip out all the
other code from the module which is no longer needed". Sorry for the
confusion.

Cheers
Martin