Removing kcontrol/screensaver

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Oct 18 15:37:10 UTC 2013

On Friday, October 18, 2013 13:03:19 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> I just had a look at it whether there is anything which could be reused once
> we have a new locker without XScreenSaver support.

we already have a locker which can have the XScreenSaver support dropped in
about 10 minutes of removing code. so that isn’t a “when” but should be a
"now"

> After all there are the
> grace timeout settings. But after looking at it, I think it's a better idea
> to just delete the module.

errrrr... and what will you replace the grace timeout settings with?

or ... does nobody know what they are for?

and yes, you will bring fire down on your head by removing those settings.