Activities in Plasma2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 12:35:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I now have in the branch mart/useActivities of plasma-framework a port of
the shell for activity usage. It means that now as in plasma1 the desktop
containment depends from the current activity (we also have a cute and fast
switching animation now that we couldn't have in plasma1, yay :D).

and, that now building the shell part of plasma-framework depends from
kactivities, frameworks-scratch branch (to which is now possible to link
with KF5::KActivities)

this bears the question:
Is acceptable already depending from Kactivities and adding it to the
default kdesrc-build?

are there big changes still planned in kactivities? (right now is veery
convenient since the dbus interface is the same, the qt5 client can connect
to the qt4 kactivitymanagerd just fine)

Cheers,
Marco Martin