Can we drop kcontrol/workspaceoptions?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 12:29:23 UTC 2013

On Thursday 17 October 2013 19:51:24 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> and another KCM, but for this one I'm not sure whether it still has
> something useful: kcontrol/workspaceoptions
>
> It offers the following features:
> * switch between workspace type "Desktop" and "Netbook"

will be partially automatic, but as ivan notes will need the possibility to be
overridable by the user

> * configure dashboard to "show Desktop widgets" or "Show an independent
> widget set"

i would loove to get rid of that completely

> * checkbox for "show informational tips" (whatever that is)

is a global switch to enable and disable tooltips: also partially managed
automatically by the shell switching, but needs to be configurable by the user
somewhere

--
Marco Martin