Can we drop kcontrol/workspaceoptions?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Oct 17 21:45:42 UTC 2013

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 19:53:41 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > It offers the following features:
> > * switch between workspace type "Desktop" and "Netbook"
> > * configure dashboard to "show Desktop widgets" or "Show an independent
> > widget set"
> > * checkbox for "show informational tips" (whatever that is)
> >

> > The first one should be obsoleted by the new dynamic shell switcher. The
> > second one is a questionable feature where I think some devs would like to
> > see it go away and the last one I don't know what it is about.
>
> We will need some place for the user to set the preference. Like before,
> someone might not want the netbook shell on a netbook.

My thought as well. That UI is not going to be the workspace switcher,
however, so it needs changing both, the backing calls and the UI. That means
it can be removed. Martin: Can you add to our PW2Todo configuration for the
workspace, I don't think it's in there explicitely enough.

Otherwise, go for it.

sebas