plasmoidviewer 2 merge blockers?

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 14:29:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 10 October 2013 15:48, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> What is holding back the merge from your point of view?

it depends from the containment. Right now `plasmoidviewer -a foo`
will use the plasmoidviewer's containment which is missing
* more testing and someone to review the code
* no way to access the plasmoid's settings
* formfactor/location can't be changed from the view, only from the command
line, like  `plasmoidviewer -a foo1 -l foo2 -f foo3`
* no konsolepreviewer, ok we can live without this one :)
* the ui isn't perfect(check the attached image)

*but* if we use an existing containment like `plasmoidviewer -a
org.kde.example.widgetgallery -c org.kde.desktopcontainment`
then its mostly ok, but we are still missing
* more testing and someone to review the code

also some other features are missing like to change the width and height
using args, but those aren't blockers.

So,

a. we can merge the plasmoidviewer now into frameworks-scratch and change
the default containment
in order  to provide most of the plasmoidviewer's 1 functionality and
continue working on plasmoidviewer2 branch the
rest of the features.

b. we can wait until its ready(including all the features and the
plasmoidviewer's containment).

I believe that option a is good enough for the time being because it does
most of the job and also plasmoidviewer 1 didn't
have a custom containment in KDE4.

a or b? :)

Regards,
Giorgos