Future of QML calendar components

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:12:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, November 25, 2013 15:51:59 Mark Gaiser wrote:
>> Right now they require plasma because they are within plasma
>
> They use Plasma::Theme.
> --
> sebas
>
> http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9

Just a - for the record - update.

I've had a discussion with Sebas and Martin on irc to settle this.
Specially between now and when kdepim becomes usable in frameworks.
The conclusion is as follows:

1. QML Calendar Components (calendar_components branch in
kdepim-runtime) will stay and die there for now.
2. The copy of that branch in plasma is leading from now on.
3. The commented lines in that copy for akonadi integration stay and
will be enabled again once pimlibs can be used in frameworks.
4. Once that's done we might decide to (partly) split it in a separate
library. This still remains to be seen.

Big note that i keep repeating. Please don't remove the commented code
lines in the calendar copy in plasma. You will make my work insanely
difficult if i miss a line somewhere when re-enabling that.