plasma-shell startup problems

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 15:27:35 UTC 2013

> Actually ... it is true now :P

Then, it is a bug :)

> No clue why but after a reboot ListActivities isEmpty()==true, also I
> cannot make it fill up again, other than starting plasma-desktop.
> Randomly guessing I'd say that the plasma-shell init is not working as
> supposedly one would have at least one Activity (Desktop), except that
> appears to not be created ... reliably.

Are the activities missing from the service (the qdbus command from earlier)
or only in plasma?

Can you test when the activities disappear? (manually starting / stopping
plasma and kactivitymanagerd and checking the kactivitymanagerdrc)

Cheers

--
There are no such things as applied sciences, only applications of science.
  -- Louis Pasteur