New Runtime Organization

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Nov 15 19:59:39 UTC 2013

On Friday 15 November 2013 11:40:09 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I've completed the wiki page for runtime organisation with a list of
> everything in kde-runtime.  There's quite a few dusty corners here.
> https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/New_Runtime_Organization
>
> This page duplicates some of http://community.kde.org/Plasma/PW2Todo
>
> Please have a look over it and add comments where I've not been sure
> if something it used or if it's a runtime requirement or just a
> developer tool. Some parts can probably be removed (does anyone use
> kiofish any more?) and some moved into a framework.
>
> If I understand it right ASeigo's plan when making this page was to
> move most of it into the relevant framework but I'm not sure that's
> practical, e.g. the spellchecking kcm is marked to be moved into
> sonnet but that would create all sorts of extra circular dependencies
> on the sonnet framework.

Right, that's a case where it should go into workspace instead IMO. Written at
a different time, with different knowledge on the split.

Still I expect some of them will move in frameworks still. Like for instance
drkonqi, needs to be evaluated but I had in mind to have it shipped with
KCrash. There's likely more cases like this.

Cheers.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net