New Runtime Organization

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Nov 15 11:40:09 UTC 2013

I've completed the wiki page for runtime organisation with a list of everything in kde-runtime.  There's quite a few dusty corners here.
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/New_Runtime_Organization

This page duplicates some of http://community.kde.org/Plasma/PW2Todo

Please have a look over it and add comments where I've not been sure
if something it used or if it's a runtime requirement or just a
developer tool. Some parts can probably be removed (does anyone use
kiofish any more?) and some moved into a framework.

If I understand it right ASeigo's plan when making this page was to
move most of it into the relevant framework but I'm not sure that's
practical, e.g. the spellchecking kcm is marked to be moved into
sonnet but that would create all sorts of extra circular dependencies
on the sonnet framework.

Jonathan