KDE workspace users

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Nov 14 18:50:35 UTC 2013

With KDE Frameworks taking shape and sceenshots of Plasma 2 starting
to appear it's worth looking at what else will need to be done to
allow distros to ship it all.

kde-runtime needs ported and there's a desire to move its various parts around
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/New_Runtime_Organization
this page hasn't been touched for some time so I hope to make it more complete and discuss it more

kde-workspace needs to be ported.  much of this is under way in plasma
2 or the port of KWin but I'm not sure if it's all being tracked
somewhere, should it be?

Then there's various bits which use KDE Workspace and will stop
working if you run Plasma 2.  Various KControl Modules and plasma
applets need ported to make a useable workspace. I've collected a list
of the important ones here
https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/KDE_workspace_users

is this a useful list or is there already one somewhere?
is there a better name for the list?  it's bits which use the workspace rather than people who are users?
is there a better place to put this wiki page? it's gatecrashing on the frameworks name now but maybe it shouldn't.
does anything else need added to the list or are there other status updates I'm not aware of?

Jonathan