files without license in org.kde.plasma.calendar

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Nov 13 11:26:31 UTC 2013

Hi Mark,

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 00:40:29 Mark Gaiser wrote:
> I made it - as you know now
> Don't worry about those files. They should all be deleted some time
> after the pim sprint since i'm likely to make quite a bit of progress
> there and the components don't belong there.

A missing license is a possible release blocker, and we need less of them, not
more.

Whether or not we'll be able to delete them in the future can be decided later
on. It's the code that works today, the files are there, and they need a
license. We can't rely on future plans to remove them, this will simply lead
to them being forgotten and cause problems later on.

Can you please add the license?

> The development of those component will take place in the
> "calendar_components" branch [1] on kdepim-runtime. Or we decide to
> move it to kdepimlibs. Even then it's will be in it's own repository
> for the time being.

Doesn't matter for the licensing.

> Once i feel comfortable with those components i will request a review
> about them and they should then end up in either kdepimlibs or
> kdepim-runtime.
> Just for completeness, there is quite a bit of work to do before we are
> there:
> - pim should be fully compile/runnable in KF5/Qt5
> - Implement support for:
> - - Todo items
> - - Journal items
> - - Holiday items
> - Modify item support + components helpers
> - Delete support
> - Create support
>
> Enough to do for me at the sprint

Surely. :)