Battery Monitor revamp

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 28 09:20:16 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:09:57 Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> > So I'm a +1 for this change. It will need to be kept backwards compat for
> > other themes in the code, but that's not hard to do.
>
> if (fillElementSvg.hasElement("Fill10")) {
>   // use new more accurate method
> } else {
>   // fallback for other/older themes
> }
>
> would be the approach for this, right?

yes; we've done this in other places in the past. it's a bit annoying, but so
be it. good to drop a comment in place saying why it is this way.

note that hasElement is fast after the first svg usage since it is cached
between runs and therefore does not require actually asking the svg itself
each and every time.