[RFC] Moving Wishlist Items to Brainstorm

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon May 27 12:48:52 UTC 2013

On 27.05.2013 14:03, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> On Monday 27 May 2013 13:25:35 Mario Fux KDE ML wrote:
>> Do you plan as well to remove the option to send "bugs" with severity
>> "wishlist" on bugs.kde.org (and probably just leave it for some brainstorm
>> moderators). Would be two steps less for "wishlist submitters" and the above
>> message just for the submitters who already sent their wishlists.
> We cannot do that (yet). This would be an overall change to the bugs.kde.org
> workflow. For smaller projects having the wishlist entries in bugzilla might be
> useful, so I doubt we would be able to get an overall change in bugs.kde.org.

On the other hand, consistency would be very useful here. It would get
quite confusing for users if they had to know for each project whether
it accepts wishlist items on bugzilla or on brainstorm. If all of KDE
moved to brainstorm for wishes, we could just post on the Dot "From now
on, all feature requests for KDE projects will be handled on
brainstorm.forum.kde.org". At least for users, this would be much more
helpful than a fragmented landscape where they may either go to bugzilla
or brainstorm in vain because the project they have a request for uses
the other one.

So why not start this discussion again on kde-devel and see what the
other projects think? If we can find consensus (not unanimity!) for
moving to brainstorm we should do it with the whole community. If not,
specific projects can still go alone, accepting the fragmentation
because it's still better for them than staying on bugzilla.

Best,
Thomas