[RFC] Moving Wishlist Items to Brainstorm

Mario Fux KDE ML kde-ml at unormal.org
Mon May 27 11:25:35 UTC 2013

Am Samstag 25 Mai 2013, 15.27:15 schrieb Alex Merry:

Morning

> On 25/05/13 07:58, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> > For KWin I use the following template when we get a new feature request:
> Since you wanted feedback from native speakers on the other one (which
> was actually fine, by the way), I've tidied up this one (since the idea,
> I guess, is to copy-paste it into reports).
>
> Thank you for your feature suggestion. Unfortunately, bugzilla is not the
> best place to discuss feature requests. We hardly have any users here, so
> we don't get a useful evaluation of whether the feature is needed.
>
> We recommend you use http://brainstorm.forum.kde.org to suggest
> this idea. Users are able to up/down-vote the feature request so we can
> get an idea of whether it's something our users wish to see and whether
> it is
> worth investing time in.
>
> If the feature request is supported on brainstorm it will automatically be
> recreated here in the bug tracker. Given that, I'm marking this feature
> request as WONTFIX for now. Note that this has nothing to do with
> whether we think
> this is a good or bad feature request.
>
> I'm very sorry that our software does not allow us to send users to
> brainstorm
> in the first place.

Nice to see this activity and I hope to find some time to participate in one
or the other of these doodled meetings to do some productive help.

Sometimes it's obvious but sometimes it's not mentioned and thus I want to
write my thought here:

Do you plan as well to remove the option to send "bugs" with severity
"wishlist" on bugs.kde.org (and probably just leave it for some brainstorm
moderators). Would be two steps less for "wishlist submitters" and the above
message just for the submitters who already sent their wishlists.

Thx
Mario
who goes to lunch and then back to reading the remaining mails on plasma-devel