Battery Monitor revamp

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 09:13:40 UTC 2013

2013/5/24 <kde at privat.broulik.de>

> What's missing:
>  - Remaining time. There is no "global" category anymore and since we
> discourage and removed the option for displaying remaining time, I didn't
> see the need to implement it in solod so we can show it in eg. the battery
> advanced properties

I promised to never talk about this again, but I have to break in: as
co-maintainer of the battery plasmoid I won't accept this change at all. I
am not going to argue about usefulness, defaults and truthfulness of the
value as too much has been said already. I will just say that many
distributions and users are relying on this hidden feature, and we cannot
remove it ESPECIALLY when we won't be providing updates to 4.x anymore.

Such a choice has only one possible outcome: distributions and users
patching the plasmoid for restoring the functionality, hidden or not,
resulting in harder bug triaging and higher chances for breakage.

Again, the argument is not technical but completely focused on what some
users and distributions apparently want, and the obvious consequences of
the change.