[RFC] Disable bug reporting till Bugzilla situation is improved

Jekyll Wu adaptee at gmail.com
Sun May 26 16:41:31 UTC 2013

于 2013年05月26日 18:05, Martin Graesslin 写道:
> Hi all,
>
> this is probably a controversial proposal: Let's disable bug
> reporting for Plasma until the current situation is improved.
>
> Reason: the bugtracker in it's current state gets flooded by new
> incoming reports and we are not able to get the water out of our
> cellar as long as new water is coming in. So let's put a plug into
> the leaking pipe and then start to get the water out and let's fix
> the leak properly and then turn on the water again.
>
> I don't know whether it's possible (need to talk to sysadmins), but
> I would keep it open for kde devs, so that we would get reports for
> newly introduced regressions/bugs in master.
>
> This has to be absolutely temporarily and should be stopped before
> the release of 4.11. If I had to set a hard date I would say June,
> 26th, which is the beta 2 release.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Cheers Martin

Hi,

I think this is surely better than "let's acknowledge the mess, close
all existing bugs and restart from zero".  But still I think it is a
dangerous action which might cause anger, flames and rants.

What about organizing a plasma bug days(or weeks) as usual (when was
the last one?), then announce and apply that "no new bugs any more" as
a temporary policy only for and during that organized event ? My point
is "not accepting new bugs" is so easy to be misinterpreted by the
users and press. Let's cover it up with a better name.

Regards
Jekyll