Dependency Freeze for 4.11 in 4 days

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sat May 25 22:17:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

> Dependency freeze for 4.11 releases[...]
> * kde-workspace depends on kdelibs 4.9.4

For my battery monitor revamp I did adjustments to kdelibs so it exposes more battery properties through Solid.
These currently reside in master, meaning kde-workspace would need to depend on kdelibs 4.11.
I guess I could adjust the battery monitor to function without these properties but the dataengine that exposes them to the battery monitor uses those functions in solid. Namely: Solid::Battery::isPowerSupply and capacity (review pending). Those would need to be ifdef'd out which I guess is not desirable.

How should I proceed?

Greetings,
Kai Uwe