Usability issue in the task bar applet

Eike Hein eikehein at gmail.com
Tue May 21 12:44:18 UTC 2013

> having tried your replacement out, it already works reasonably well. i'd
> like
> to see it merged into master sooner rather than later so we can get the
> other
> developers at least testing it and so we can compile a list of showstopper
> issues, if any actually exist.

I understand and actually pretty much agree with all of that, however at
this time there are some big ticket things I still need to merge in, in par-
ticular the finished launcher layout and support for manual grouping along
with uncollapsing groups inline (currently only the popup is there). There
are also some bugs I am are of, including a nasty memory corruption in
the model that hits during a series of complicated grouping-related actions.

When I'm saying "take it to hard freeze" what I mean is "I'm probably not
going to make it by the 22nd, but let's merge it ASAP once I've got the
branch in a state of completeness where it makes sense to compile an
issue list" - and hopefully that'll be rather closer to the 22nd than to
June
5th (hard freeze). So I'd still ask to wait a bit for the moment :).

But I fully agree with merging as soon as possible (in context of the above)
to maximize on QA time and flexibility. And FWIW, I don't intend to just
drop this stuff and move on; I fully intend to maintain it going forward,
also
beyond taking care of what QA turns up within the remainder of the 4.11
cycle.