Usability issue in the task bar applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 21 10:30:26 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:59:03 Veeti Paananen wrote:
> Please reconsider this behavior. It has very little utility yet it
> causes many issues.

i've described a possible solution in another email. so hopefully we can
improve this a bit in 4.11 with the QML replacement.

sidenote 1: often when we get feedback on such things, it is due to poor
quality hardware (e.g. a screen with horrific contrast) or incorrectly
configured hardware (e.g. gamma and color that is so far off as to ruin any
subtlety). screenshots capture what the computer thinks it is painting to the
screen, not necessarly what is on screen. i've witnessed this in person a
couple of times .. the screenshots posted to this email do not look *that*
bad, but they could be on the wrong screen.

sidenote 2: this is a "i don't need it, and it breaks my workflow." email

i would LOVE to have a way to accurately gauge a statistically significant
agglomeration of user experience on such things as the inherently selfish first-
person POV (which each of us has) is utterly useless as design input.

we have no adequate solutions to either sidenote above. ah well ..