PotD Headers

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 21 08:28:27 UTC 2013

On Monday, May 20, 2013 22:08:14 David Narvaez wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > that issue is irrelevant if we do not use a C++ API for that. please see
> > my
> > email in this thread for why a scripted approach here is going to be a
> > better solution.
>
> Can you post a sample  (dummy) javascript backend to illustrate what
> you envision this will look like? That would give me something to
> start working with.

two examples that you could look at might include the share dataengine in:

	kde-workspace/plasma/generic/dataengines/share/

and the comics dataengine in:

	kdeplasma-addons/dataengines/comic

both define a simple javascript API that they export to a QtScript runtime
where the scripts run.

the comics engine is probably the closest to the needs of PotD since both
involve grabbing an image from a webpage.