Help with fixing a notifications issue

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri May 17 07:22:53 UTC 2013

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 21:44:02 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> So...ideas? :-)

imho, in the 4.x libraries, we simply have to rely on applications to get it
right: if you have actions in your notification, make them persistent.

the notification applet could probably be improved to hide the actions once the
notification has expired. there is an expireTimeout member in the model.

for Frameworks 5, KNotificatio is set for a re-vamp anyways. things that were
proposed have included:

* getting rid of the knotify daemon and moving everything in-process
* fix the situation with actions (as you've found for yourself :)
* add categories and urgencies so they can be sorted (as seen in the latest
revision of the galago spec; no point in diverging at this point)

I know that Sune Vuorela was going to be (or is?) working on this at some
point, so maybe you could catch up with him and discuss further ..