kde-workspace and plasma2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:37:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 18:36:27 Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 May 2013, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > Even porting a few of the plasmoids wouldn't be the worst of ideas. (I
> > > expect the icon one to be interesting ...) Not everything needs to be
> > > ported right now, however, especially not components that get frequent
> > > activity.
> > >
> > > And what I really don't want to see is the whole repository turned
> upside
> > > down right now. Let's keep sebas' branch focused on a minimal set of
> > > ported components to test the new shell with.
> >
> > ok, so now that branch does build and the plasma subdirectory can build
> by
> > itself having now a complete cmake
>
> why another branch (plasma2/imageWallpaper)?
>
> how does it relate to plasma/sebas/desktop-qml-plasma2?

I started the wallpaper porting there, but that branch had the filesystem
reworked, so now i moved all the work in  plasma/sebas/desktop-qml-plasma2,
and i'm going to delete plasma2/imageWallpaper)

> > the directory structure is as untouched as possible
>
> that's obviously not quite accurate. you re-arranged the plasma directory
> structure when it could just as easily have been limited to CMakeLists.txt
> changes. that the branch is named "plasma2/imageWallpaper" really doesn't
>  help, as it does not imply at all that such changes are contained in it

yeah, ignore that branch :)

>  how we want to end up shipping PW2-based images (either ourselves or our
> downstreams) is going to influence these re-arrangements. and so i go back
>  asking: what is making re-arranging the source tree so important right
> now?

plasma/sebas/desktop-qml-plasma2 has not be re-arranged, so we'll continue
there for now

 Cheers,
Marco Martin