kde-workspace and plasma2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:10:41 UTC 2013

Hi all,
besides having plasma2 pieces in the plasma-workspace repository, there will
be the need of components in kde-workspace as well.

there has been some work on there already:
there is:
* a qml2 desktop containment
* a qml desktop (and now panel too) toolboxes
* a kded that says what formfactor we are running on
in the end the plasma part of kde-workspace should look like
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/KdeWorkspaceRepoStructure
(at least so was discussed in nuremberg)

since i wanted to start on porting the good ol' image wallpaper (mostly to
fuigure out what we need on workpace-side for doing all the wallpapers we
need), i think is good for it to stay in kde-workpace.

I would propose to make the branch
plasma/sebas/desktop-qml-plasma2
that is now hosting the desktop containment and the toolboxes to host the
refactor of the filesystem as well (and there the only buildable part for now
would be under plasma/ the part that have been ported)

then the other parts (like kwin, ksysguard etc) can work on ports in their own
branches (or own repo, their choice) and merge when is ready (or stay on
different repo)

features on plsma2 porting would be branches of this branch derived from
plasma/sebas/desktop-qml-plasma2 and merged when the author of the task feels
is ready to be tested by others.

If people agrees i can do right away this branch with a beginning of the
porting of the filesystem structure to what's in the wiki page

Cheers,
Marco Martin