[RFC] Remove remote plasmoids in 4.11

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue May 7 17:36:07 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 07 May 2013 18:50:24 Martin Graesslin wrote:

> My proposal for 4.11: let's remove remote plasmoids. They don't work and
> they are a rather annoying way to annoy people around you. AFAIK they have
> already been removed from libplasma2.
>
> Comments?

Yes, is removed from plasma2.
Probably is a feature not used enough (as in, seems not to work but we don't
even receive complaints about it) to be safely removed without bad
effects/regressions on users and use cases, so I would even be in favor of
this...

But the only thing that looks "wrong" to me is that the corresponding api in
libplasma would not be removed for api compatibility, but stay there, but
purposefully broken, this doesn't sound too much right...

Cheers,
Marco Martin