[RFC] Remove remote plasmoids in 4.11

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue May 7 16:50:24 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm in the unlucky situation that a certain person, let's call him David E.
[1], had the great idea to demonstrate how reliable Plasmoid Sharing over the
network works.

The result:
1. every time I connect to the same network as D's notebook I get several
notifications that a new Applet is available
2. Adding the Applet does not work
3. Stopping the export on D's system does not work [2]

My proposal for 4.11: let's remove remote plasmoids. They don't work and they
are a rather annoying way to annoy people around you. AFAIK they have already
been removed from libplasma2.

Comments?

Cheers
Martin

[1] no that is too obvious, let's change to D. Edmundson
[2] restarting plasma-desktop seems to have fixed that problem