Settings for pure QML applet

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Wed May 1 09:45:22 UTC 2013

Dne 1.5.2013 11:11, Sebastian Kügler napsal(a):
> Hi Jan,
>
> On Wednesday, May 01, 2013 04:58:28 Jan Grulich wrote:
>> is there any other option how to add settings for pure QML applet? I've
>> found only KConfigXT where I can't use custom widgets or I can load
>> KCModule to applet settings but this configuration is not saved in
>> plasma-desktop-appletsrc file and then I can't use plasmoid.readEntry() in
>> QML.
> KConfigXt (and what you describe) is the only way to do it in Plasma1.
>
> In Plasma2, you can add a config.qml, which holds the configuration.
>
> If you want to prepare for Plasma2, you can do the configuration in QML, and
> add a button to open it, for example in a PlasmaComponents.Dialog, or you'll
> have to do a C++ appplet.

Maybe something like this may solve my problem. I can create custom C++
widget and expand it to QML and then open it in PlasmaComponents.Dialog.
The second thing I need is saving QStringList via plasmoid.writeEntry()
in QML and I don't know if this is possible. I know that it's possible
in C++ but in QML I have to pass it through variant. Do you think that
it's possible? Thanks
> Cheers,

Cheers,
Jan