Settings for pure QML applet

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed May 1 09:11:28 UTC 2013

Hi Jan,

On Wednesday, May 01, 2013 04:58:28 Jan Grulich wrote:
> is there any other option how to add settings for pure QML applet? I've
> found only KConfigXT where I can't use custom widgets or I can load
> KCModule to applet settings but this configuration is not saved in
> plasma-desktop-appletsrc file and then I can't use plasmoid.readEntry() in
> QML.

KConfigXt (and what you describe) is the only way to do it in Plasma1.

In Plasma2, you can add a config.qml, which holds the configuration.

If you want to prepare for Plasma2, you can do the configuration in QML, and
add a button to open it, for example in a PlasmaComponents.Dialog, or you'll
have to do a C++ appplet.

sebas