networkmanagement plasmoid

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:05:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Jan Grulich <jgrulich at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/28/2013 04:43 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, March 28, 2013 15:08:09 Jan Grulich wrote:
>>
>>> * why there are long progress bars under each name while there is a
>>>>
>>> *
>>>
>>> I thought it will look nicer than to have static icon. It's also more
>>> accurate.
>>>
>> Yes, it will certainly be more accurate. The average person only needs so
>> much
>> accuracy, however, to make a decision. The difference between 54% and 48%
>> signal strength is probably not a huge issue in practice. :)
>>
>> The full strength could be shown in the details, of course. It just would
>> be
>> nice to see how minimal we can get the main UI and still be usable.
>>
>>  Which of these two would you prefer?
>  -  http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=**nmugu.png<http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=nmugu.png>
>     or
>  -  http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=**nm1.png<http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=nm1.png>

This^ one for me. Also an idea - at the bottom it says "Connected (janul)",
would it be possible to put string "Connected networks" above the connected
networks (top of the plasmoid) and then separate the disconnected networks
by a thin line and/or string "Other networks"?

I'll do a mockup :)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer