[Nepomuk] Nepomukcontroller rewritten in QML

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 19:39:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Jörg Ehrichs <Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de> wrote:
> 2013/3/19 Ignacio Serantes <kde at aynoa.net>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Installed and is an amazing improvement. Only for contribute with minor
>> thing:
>>
>> A method to call a manual backup or a restore.
>> A start/stop/restart nepomuk method.
>>

> Start/Stop for any service is available in the Plasma::DataEngine you can
> check with the plasmaengineexplorer but was not exposed to the user on
> purpose as discussed with Vishesh.
>
> But a frontend for easy backup/restore sounds like a good idea

I would recommend getting it merged as-is before you start looking at
extra features.

Looks like a really good start, I've got a few comments:

- Is there a reason nepomukserviceengine.cpp has a different license?

- You are making a lot of synchronous dbus calls in the dataengine.
Synchronous dbus calls block all of plasma-desktop until Nepomuk