[kde-workspace] /: block until the lock windows are shown; prevents sleeping before locking

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Mar 17 18:54:44 UTC 2013

On Saturday, March 16, 2013 16:20:38 Oliver Henshaw wrote:
> * With your patch, waitForReadyRead blocks for the full 60 seconds:

.. which will only happen if the greeter is for some reason not ready. that's
sort of the entire point of it :)

> So this might explain why the screen is sometimes only fully locked
> after resuming from suspend:
> 1. The greeterapp blocks first on ksmserver so doesn't enter
> desktopResized until Interface::Lock() returns to the event loop ...

where does the greeterapp block on ksmserver?

> 2. ...and then blocks on powerdevil inside desktopResized(). By this
> time powerdevil may have triggered the suspend.

if powerdevil is providing the power management information to Solid and is
queried at that precise moment, then this could indeed be a source of blocking
due to deadlock ...

... if that is the case (and we'd really need to be certain) then that would
mean we'd have to separate these parts better. one possibility would be be to
put the sleep process in powerdevil into a separate thread.