PlasmaComponents QML Animations

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 12 13:45:37 UTC 2013

On Monday, March 11, 2013 19:03:18 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, March 11, 2013 19:04:03 Michail Vourlakos wrote:
> > in PlasmaComponents there are some animations elements but there is
> > not documentation for them based on:
> > http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/plasma-qml-apidocs/
> >
> > is there any other documentation to use or better a reference code?
>
> Apparently they are undocumented. the defined animations include:
>
> ActivateAnimation
> AppearAnimation
> DisappearAnimation
> PressedAnimation
> ReleasedAnimation
>
> each has 2 properties:
>
> Item targetItem (the thing to animate)
> int duration (how long the animation should go for .. the defaults are
> probably usually fine)

Yes, they're supposed to be used with default values, setting at most
targetItem. (Sometime, the sensible animation speed depends on the size of the
animated element, so one can set the duration.)

I'll add documentation for these things. (Thought I had done it, but
apparently they went missing.)
--
sebas