making the new tasks widget awesome

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jun 15 21:35:58 UTC 2013

hi all ...

so, we have a new tasks widget in 4.11. shiny and QML.

also .. crashy and not feature complete :)

if there is one thing we can do together to make 4.11 "not suck"[1] it is
making the tasks widget rock solid.

today i spent some time going throught the bug reports for the tasks widget
(*collective gasp*). i started with 69 defect reports (cool number, nes pas?).
there are now 28. go look for yourself on bugs.kde.org :)

i closed with a vengence invalid bugs, silly bugs, old bugs, bugs we can't fix
better than it is ... and then i rolled up my sleaves and fixed a handful of
what was left, including some that were literally years old.

what remains are all valid and reproduceable problems. they are what we need
to get rid of.

i encourage each and every one of us to grab 1-2 reports and try to address
them. 28 reports .. how long can that take, really? :)

... and then we can move on to wishlists and clean those (@*$ers out.

what say you?

[1] i hate that phrase so much that i am going to co-opt it and use it for
good. by the time i'm done with using it randomly, incoherently and/or for the
good of mankind you too will be tired of it and never use it again. ;)