Fighting those Crash reports

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Jun 4 15:01:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

over the last few days I worked through the crash reports from Plasma. As
discussed a large number got resolved as downstream and I tried to mark quite
a lot as duplicate. Now we have ~100 open reports left.

I think this is now a number where we could start looking properly into them.
Trying to reproduce them, confirming them if they are reproducable, if not ask
for steps how to reproduce.

A possibility would be to have a few bug days, but I would prefer if some
plasma devs would go through them and directly fix the reproducable crashes.
Or that we encourage new devs to come in but are around to help.

What does the Plasma world think about that?

Cheers
Martin