kdeobservatory seems to be missing a qwt min version check

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jun 4 02:06:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Sandro Andrade <sandroandrade at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi Sandro,

> That's actually intended to be moved to unmaintained, sorry for
> haven't done it yet, I'm in the last months of my thesis :( - or maybe
> :)
> Not sure if I can do that at this time in release schedule. I can fix
> it to use Qwt 6.1 or fully move it to maintained.

As the observatory plugin was shipped as part of KDE Plasma Addons in
KDE 4.9, we can't exactly remove it from stable - although this would
be an option for master (and is probably the best thing to do I
think).

I would suggest patching the build system to check the Qwt version to
ensure it is 6.0.x in the interim at least. Based on the message
"Found Qwt version 6.1.1 linked to Qt4" CMake seems to know which
version of Qwt it has found.

> What do you guys prefer ?
> --
> Sandro