plasma components outside of a plasma package / GSoC

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 25 13:15:51 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 14:22:09 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> I am using plasma components outside of a plasma package in kmail-mobile and
> some components don't get displayed / themed correctly.
>
> # PageRow: bordershadows not visible
>
> "
> file:///opt/kde4/lib/kde4/imports/org/kde/plasma/extras/PageRow.qml:316:13:
> QML QDeclarativeImage_QML_25: Failed to get image from provider:
> image://appbackgrounds/shadow-right "

Try importing org.kde.plasma.extras in that file, this will make the
image://backgrounds url work.

> # ListItem: not 3D is like I expected them to be with the air-mobile theme

Have you verified it works? If it is fine in other themes, don't worry about
it.

> # Buttons; TextField; ScrollArea and Checkbox seem to look fine.
>
> So my question is: How can I enable the correct theme and how can I
> get/enable the background provider ? Do I need to make  the UI a plasma
> package?

That's not necessary.

> I asked twice on IRC before and didn't get a response so I am wondering if
> my question is stupid or IRC was just the wrong place to ask.

Your question was stupid, so we decided to ignore you and laugh instead!

... just kidding. :D

Your questions are entirely OK, probably nobody saw it or had time to answer
it, or didn't know the answer. That happens, no biggie, asking on the
mailinglist is the right thing to do then.

sebas