kde-workspace 4.10.90 ABI breakage in libtaskmanager

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 11:18:35 UTC 2013

On Monday 22 July 2013, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > i’m fine with bumping the .so number of the library as well, though i
> > don’t consider that a compelling solution to the real problem of using
> > libraries outside of kde-workspace that are specifically not intended to
> > be used outside of kde-workspace.
> >
> > [1] there is one weak exception to this: kdeplasma-addons which is for
> > all intents and purposes a kde-workspaces sub-module
>
> I suppose we had installed the header already in previous releases? In that
> case, it's probably wiser (given that we're at RC stage) to just bump the
> .so version and revisit this situation for Plasma2?

it probably have to be be just a qml import (c++-usable library could even not
be exported anymore), that will raise the future question, do we guarantee
source compatibility for all qml imports, or under what  circumstances? at
least will be easier since only source compatibility is needed (and javascript
is so type unsafe that can swallow pretty significant changes in signature...)

--
Marco Martin