kde-workspace 4.10.90 ABI breakage in libtaskmanager

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Jul 21 14:15:32 UTC 2013

On Sunday 21 July 2013 16:10:02 Marco Martin wrote:
> yes, would be good that it retains compatibility, so if it can be quickly
> adapted it should (if)...
> however, we never promised any abi compatibility in kde-workspace libraries
> (headers are not even installed)

Interestingly the two ABI changes were actually not
caused by the merge of the rewrite, but by unrelated
changes after ... the good news is that it means the
rewrite doesn't need them, but the question of
whether the changes or the ABI are more important
remains. Also means I can't really answer it since I
didn't make them ...

Cheers,
Eike